Sunday, November 16, 2008

A little baking

I’ve never really been into cooking or baking and I’m not really sure why? Maybe it’s my general distaste for messes I would prefer the kitchen clean and tidy with a candle going smelling like I had been baking vs. a sink full of dirty dishes. Whatever my reasons tonight I got a weird itch to bake some Pecan Muffins from a recipe my grandma (Teeny) sent me. I had told her the story of purchasing a big bag of pecans from this man who was selling them at work that I felt sorry for. Needless to say these muffins only took 1/2cup of chopped pecans so I still have 99% of the bag of pecans left. Looks like I’ll be baking A LOT of muffins! However the muffins were really good especially with a glass of milk.

4 comments:

Haley Bird said...

You should toast your pecans with a little cinnamon and sugar and eat them as a snack! They say nuts are very filling and heart healthy! Maybe that is where the term "health nut" comes from??? Probably not.
Anyway, I like to see a little Martha coming out in you! :0)

Cindy's Cache said...

Wow! I am impressed! I am anxious to try the muffins! The recipe has been on my cabinet for a week or more! Maybe I am inspired now!

Lori said...

Those look yummy! Pretty flowers, too.

Jen Kemp said...

Well, well, little Miss Suzy Homemaker! Looking good!