Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Always look on the bright side of life"


The Broadway hit Spamalot was in Tulsa last week and Tracey and I had the privilege to see it and I must say it was Highly entertaining. It was not my favorite musical I have ever seen but it was very funny and unique. I think I would enjoy it even more a second time there are so many witty lines we both felt like we missed some good parts. One of the songs is "Always look on the bright side of life" and I have been singing it all week and it has found a permanent spot on my IPod. Here are part of the lyrics its a really fun song and I recommend you download it and sing along too.

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

3 comments:

Cindy's Cache said...

What a great song!! I really need to hear! Can't sleep and needed those cheery thoughts!

Lori said...

I think I need to download that song! Ha! Sounds cute!

LeeAnn said...

I'm always looking for good songs for my iPod. Believe it or not I've gotten a few good song ideas from Tucker. Most of the stuff he listens to is total JUNK, but every now and then he finds a song and says, "Hey Mom, I think you'd like this."

I'm excited you're blogging!